Not every supplier is equal. When planning any event it can be over whelming due to the amount of people in the industry and the countless services on offer.
Over the years as a magician I have worked with 1001 different suppliers and I’ve noticed not every supplier offers the same service. How do you as a consumer know that photographer A is any better or worse than photographer B?
Below I have made a list of my top 5 tips to help you find the right supplier but make sure you book the right magician for your big day.
- Do your research: Start with a simple google search for reputable wedding suppliers in your area. Look for reviews from previous customers, visit the suppliers official websites, and check out their social media accounts. Look for any red flags such as unprofessional behaviour or poor customer service. *Top Tip* check their business page on social media, this will show you photos of their set up and how their service will work in certain venues.
- Get recommendations: Ask friends, family, or your wedding planner for recommendations. The majority of my work like many top suppliers comes from recommendations. If you want to see some feedback from previous clients then check out my testimonials page.
- Ask for references: Don’t be afraid to ask potential suppliers for references and feedback from previous clients. Any top supplier will be able to show examples of their work and also show feedback they have received from previous happy couples. *Top tip* Speak to your venue/wedding planner and ask if they know the supplier you are considering. These people are in a great position and will deal with every supplier and can let you know what their experience has been.
- Check availability: Once you’ve found a supplier you’re interested in, make sure you check they are available on your wedding date. Some suppliers may book up quickly, especially during peak wedding season. *Top Tip* With most suppliers I would suggest booking anywhere between 8-12 months in advance. This will give you the best chance of securing that supplier you have been eying up.
- Meet with them in person: If possible, schedule an in-person meeting with your potential suppliers. This will give you a chance to get to know them, ask questions, and see if you feel comfortable working with them. A good supplier should be willing to meet with you and answer any questions you have.*Top Tip* Attend wedding shows. This is a great way to meet suppliers chat about your big day and also get inspiration for your day.
As well as working as a magician I also run Impossible entertainment, we work with countless magicians of all different types. Due to this we will be able to find the right magician for your event. As you can see finding the right supplier can be a process but breaking it down into 5 easy steps will help make sure your magical day is more magic.
As you can see booking the right supplier for your event can be a bit of a process, however following the simple steps above this will help make your planning process easier.
Below I have attached my Plan Your Perfect Wedding Checklist, this is a check list that is broken down into stages that will show you what you need to do in the run up to your wedding.